All People. All of Jesus. All of Life.
We are a community being shaped by the way of Jesus. We hope to help the spiritually hurting and discouraged rediscover His beauty and heart.
Our Essential Beliefs
1. We believe there is only one sovereign God, creator of all things. He eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
2. We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. The Holy Spirit conceived Him, God with us, and a virgin girl named Mary gave him birth. Jesus lived a sinless life, was crucified, arose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven. We wait for his personal return. (John 1:14; Luke 2; Hebrews 7:25)
3. We believe that God’s motive toward us is love. Love prompted God to send Jesus as the only sacrifice for our sins. Through Jesus, we receive forgiveness by his grace and we are to extend that same grace and forgiveness to others. (John 3:16,17; Romans 8:35-38; 1 John 4:8 Col. 3:13)
4. We believe that salvation comes through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only way to the Father. (John 14:6, Romans 3:28, Acts 16:31)
5. We believe the Bible is God’s true, written word. It is inspired and trustworthy. (2 Timothy 3:16-17). (2 Peter 1:19-21)
6. We believe that God created human beings in His image. Through our own choice, we fell into sin. (Romans 3:23; Genesis 1:27)
7. We believe that the Holy Spirit lives within us—guiding our lives, empowering us for service and showing us when we fall short. Through the Spirit, we glorify Jesus. (Romans 8:11; John 16:13-15; John 3:5-6, Titus 3:6, 1 Corinthians 12:7, John 15:26)
8. We believe that our true identity is found in Christ. (Gal. 2:20; 1 Cor. 5:17)
9. We believe in the Kingdom of Heaven as already here—but not yet fully here. We experience a taste of heaven and hell in everyday life, and we live according to the Spirit as a precursor to our eternal life. (Matthew 5; James 3:6)
How we practice our faith
We Love Without Fear. There’s no better word to describe modern culture than ‘fear.’ Whether the subject is politics, race, social media, cancel culture or the role of the Church, we all feel the division, isolation, and hesitation. Yet, this isn’t the life Jesus modeled and invited us into. We believe a church community should be the safest place for anyone and any topic. This means we love anyone who walks through our doors. Are you skeptical of church, spiritually disillusioned, believe the church has no place for you, or healing from past church hurt and religious trauma? We desire to follow Jesus, and love people where they are. You don't have come believing certain things, living a certain lifestyle, or ready to embrace everything we teach. We simply want to love people without fear.
We Build Wells, Not Fences. There’s a story about two ways to keep a flock of animals. One is to build fences to keep them from wandering and to separate the herd from the rest of the world. The other way is to dig wells that draw the flock near. Jesus drew people toward himself, the source of eternal, living water. While we recognize that some boundaries are good and important, we believe the church has sometimes built fences that keep people away. As a community, Redemption Orlando aspires to dig its own Jesus-shaped wells and attract all types of followers. We believe by sitting at the well people can rethink and reconnect with faith and rediscover the beauty of Jesus.
We Practice the Way. We keep the main thing the main thing. We don’t need to give people a list of things to do for Jesus. We don't need to attach man made rules to the way of Jesus. This means we want to provide people with practices to help people be with Jesus and not just do for Jesus. This means we strive to be a non-political church and allow people space to follow Jesus in the way He has called them to. We are all in process. Jesus is good with that, so we’re good with that. We simply believe if we spend time with Jesus, we become like Jesus, and as we become like Jesus, we will do the things Jesus did.